View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 12:39 PM   #90
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I don't think one needs to take a balanced view of all situations. Sometimes one side is right and one side is wrong. I think that's the case here.
Regardless, this part of Kali's argument:
Quote:
And no, the court is not going to find that Harlequin should have paid 70%, just because Amazon offered a high payment to self-publishers. That's patently absurd.
is clearly correct.

Amazon simply offer a storefront, it is up to the authors to do everything else.
My guess would be that the vast majority of sales that a Harlequin author gets are due to the Harlequin branding, rather than their own person reputation. Harlequin are entitled to charge for that branding.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote