View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 PM   #14570
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Next is another indie effort. The Puppet Maker's Bones by Alisa Tangredi. I'm quite interested in this one as the sample was intriguing. I'm not 100% sure if it's meant to be a horror or fantasy - or both.
OK - finished this one. I'm going to lean towards fantasy, but it has a really depressing, dark side to it.

The story is constructed really well and is quite fresh to me. I liked the originality of the approach. It's not a fast mover by any stretch. The whole story is really in one act and the rest of the book is back-story, but it's intriguing how the history of one Pavel Trusnik is revealed to the reader.

I've given this 5 stars on Goodreads and I haven't decided on my review site whether it will get the full 5 stars or 4 and a half stars. But regardless, I would highly recommend this story.

Next up is the literary book club read for this month. We by Yevgeny Yamyatin. I've been eager to sink my teeth into this one since a work colleague recommended it. The grandfather of dystopian fiction? Of course I want to read it.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote