View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #8
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Morkl

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but to the best of my knowledge the ADE reading app doesn't support the @font-face font-variant:small-caps option. This may be because the current epub standard doesn't include support either. That being the case, I'm not sure it's fixable other than by removing the small-caps items as you've done.

Just so I fully understand, I need to root my T1 to do this and your mod becomes a second reading app?

Suppose I decided I will never use any of the 3 sans-serif fonts (Frutiger, Univers, Verdana). Might it be possible to create a modified apk which substitutes the @font-faces of 3 of my own font choices pointing to external fonts stored in /fonts in internal memory by using
url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/mycustom.otf).
Then I would be able to access my custom fonts via the Frutiger, Univers, Verdana standard options. Or am I being over-hopeful

Well done to you for tracking down the problem.

Last edited by jackie_w; 01-14-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: error
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote