View Single Post
Old 04-13-2015, 09:12 PM   #3511
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Short answer: Nope, but nice thinking .

Long answer: Not without a couple of changes at least (currently we don't even listen for the opening of PDFs, for instance), and most importantly hoping that the firmware does something non-stupid with PDFs that gives us a way to identify those reliably. Which I'm not terribly sure is the case, but I'll admit to not having looked at it much, if ever.
Given you can determine the file is a PDF, an md5sum would be a good way to reliably identify them that runs quick. That would give you a unique 32 hex digit identifier to use where you use the ASIN in the cover name.

I don't know how many PDFs include a cover image, but I would think the first page a logical place for one to be located. If the first page is obviously text then it seems likely that no cover was included.

I guess you could add this to your "wish list" at some point.

Thanks for your work on this enhancement to the kindle software.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote