View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 10:28 AM   #5
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
I too am interested in putting my hundereds of books into ebook format. If I went for the Opticbook3600, would it come with the right software or would I have to purchase the software seperately?

Is a scanner and software all that I need or is there anything else to convert my books? Oh I too don't want to destroy my books to scan them.
As you can perhaps read in a number of my postings in other related threads in this forum, I use and am very pleased with the OpticBook3600. It comes with ABBYY Finereader Sprint version 5 which I have found quite simple and effective to use. I recently upgraded to the Finereader Pro 10, not because I was dissatisfied with the Sprint 5, but because over the holiday season ABBYY offered a tremendously attractive offer of the Pro 10 upgrade at half-price -- at $89 -- and it does have a few additional features that I find useful. But you can download for free and try the Pro 10 (with limitations) on a trial basis.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote