View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 07:27 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois_C View Post
But I think changing the file you are supposed to view only is not a good programming practice. This should be written to an external file.
Since I am not an expert in what is or isn't good programing practice I will simply state that I think bookmarking the last read position within the file seems like an elegant solution to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois_C View Post
Changing the file date should only be used for a serious file modification.
What the hell is a serious file modification? The OS changes the file modification date any time a file is modified. It isn't that major of an item. However if any user thinks it is a big deal it is amazing that they are in total control of preventing the file being modified while viewing.

Putting the control in the user's hands sounds like good programming practice to me.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 09-02-2013 at 07:31 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote