View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #12
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
You mean back-to-back, not forever, right?

I was once at the end of my allowed renewal for a print book, that had no holds on it. I asked as I was dropping it off, "Can you check it back it in, and let me have it again, as there's no one waiting?" I was told, "No, it must go back on the shelf."
As a result of your question, I went back and checked the state library site for their exact language, and they've changed their policy. Good to know. No renewals, but you can get back on the waiting list. Thanks!

As for the other.... we're all run into them. Unfortunately. I hope you followed him/her around until the book made it back onto the shelf and then snatched it up with a mad cackle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
issybird, does your library use Overdrive? Are you sure you can't check the book out again (or put a hold on it, if there was a wait)?

confession: I have a children's book (pbook) that I have renewed 15 times so far... because I can't find it. I keep thinking it will turn up one day.

Sheri
Yes, it's Overdrive and thanks to SeaBookGuy, I now know I can get a book back. It'll take a little pressure off. Does anyone else find that all of their library books seem to become available in the same weekend? Leaving him/her frantically trying to get through them all before the loan expires? To the detriment of things I'd rather be reading, to boot!

Sheri, those kids' books are the devil. They hide in plain sight.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote