View Single Post
Old 10-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
setite
Enthusiast
setite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughingsetite can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
After removing TTS...

So I bought a diet book for my kindle, from Amazon. It had a TTS block on it, so I removed that. I am being vague on that so I can stay within the guidelines.

After the book has been run through calibre to clean it of the TTS, does it contain any unique identifiers? I have a friend who I have been going to the gym with, who has the free sample of the book on his Kindle, but isn't willing to take the 10$ plunge yet. If I send him my TTS enabled copy, will Amazon know? I am 100% honest when I say that he will buy the book for himself if he likes it, but the sample is deliberately useless, just hype.

To be clear, my question is, when a book that is TTS disabled is run through the process to remove the TTS block, because who the hell thinks TTS is the same as a real audiobook, does anything incriminating remain in the final product. Thanks in advance
setite is offline   Reply With Quote