View Single Post
Old 05-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #85
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
The deal is a godsend for BN , since they have a partner with deep pockets standing by ready to help when Amazon begins its price war on bestsellers later on this year .
Amazon can outspend BN offering cut-rate bestsellers in an attempt to gain market share: it can't outspend Microsoft.
BN gets tech help and Microsoft money in developing and rolling out Nook Tablet . I expect Microsoft will bankroll the cost of BN switching to Windows 8, which I think is an inevitable move.
For Microsoft, its gets a Windows 8 tablet in every BN store, showing off Microsoft technology. It may even get a mini-Microsoft Store in every BN store, similar to the mini Apple Stores in Target. There may also be a MS-BN branded reader app on every mobile platform as well, depending on how deep the partnership goes. I think Microsoft's initial investment is only the thin edge of the wedge.
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote