View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 07:51 AM   #28
toronado
Addict
toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toronado ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Do you know of anyone that ever uses and iPad to read music? I would think that an LCD screen would be good, because you won't need a light.
Yes, I know someone who uses an iPad to read music. I think it's ridiculous but I'd never say that to his face. It's way too small and doesn't really support using a stylus, though he uses some sort of stylus with it anyway. An Asus EP121 would be a lot better than an iPad.

Backlit screens are good for pit orchestra, opera, pops, rock, or studio type situations where the musicians are basically in the dark and would otherwise be using stand lights. But for symphony concerts, you need something that will work under the bright stage lights. And eInk would be ideal in that it will work both under bright stage lighting conditions as well as in dark conditions with stand lights. It's more of a direct replacement for paper music.
toronado is offline   Reply With Quote