View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbutlr View Post
Yes, I moved from insensitive to sensitive. ...This is not 'no trouble', especially when calibre then went and created a new directory with no files in it.
You changed the case of some authors or titles on a case-insensitive system. The case insensitive system wrote the first case when calibre asked it to create the folder. Then when you changed the case, calibre asked for the new case to be written and the case-insensitive OS said - "No change here - no need to change the folder name or filenames." There's nothing calibre can do about the refusal of the case insensitive OS to make the change calibre requests.

You would have no trouble if you had stayed on a case-insensitive file system, you would have had no trouble if you had started on a case sensitive system and you could have avoided trouble if you had not made any case-only changes to author/title. I think I was pretty clear - it's moving between them that causes trouble.

Last edited by Starson17; 11-03-2011 at 11:30 AM.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote