View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:34 AM   #132
unboggling
Wizard
unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.unboggling ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Kindle Paperwhite 10
travger, thanks for the explanation. Now the way you're doing it makes a lot more sense to me.

If I use one format quality rating tag at record level, I can assume it applies to my "preferred" calibre format (epub), if that "preferred" format is there. If not, I can assume it applies to the mobi, if that format is there. Since those two are my primary formats for iPad and Kindle. If neither is there, it's probably a pdf I had good reasons not to convert (such as complex graphics or layouts) so I can assume it applies to the pdf. That one format quality rating tag at record level works in more than 80% of my cases, possibly closer to 99%. So it's good, thank you again.