View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:19 PM   #11
geneven
Member Retired
geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.geneven has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N800, N810, Kindle 2
Well, I could read anwhere, and of course I need a cell phone, and I need my Internet connection, and I could use something to take notes with...

So I'll just carry four devices!!

No, I won't. I'll carry one device that does all of them. The Kindle does Internet access and is a reader, both at once. So, there's not much more to go. Maybe the cell phone can be separate, but there's no way I am going to carry a separate device for every function. All in one is the ONLY way things can end up.

And this color device looked a bit washed-out to me... But it confirms my prediction that color is coming a lot faster than Amazon seemed to predict. In a year, many of us will be using color devices, and I am looking forward to seeing decent pictures, tables and maps on my reader -- you know, maps where you can actually READ the locations? Photos you can actually ENJOY. That kind of thing...
geneven is offline   Reply With Quote