Thread: PRS-T2 GUIDE TO ROOT T2
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
trocchietto

Please allow a first question: You bought an excellent e-reader, which is well capable of displaying DRM'ed and DRM free epub and pdf's (beside some other formats).
What is your goal of rooting?

From your above questions I assume you are not overly skilled with Android and rooting Android-devices (neither am I)

Quote:
1) update the latest firmware 1.0.03.09110
2)do a backup
Yes, and yes highly recommended.

Quote:
3)jailbreak(it is obligatory to do it?) i download rupor-jailbbreak.7z and then extracting there is flash reader bat and ebook_msc.exe what i should do with that? should I maybe follow the T1 root procedure running the exe or bat(?) connecting the device?
Yes it is obligatory, because without jailbreak there is no further rooting.
Though once completed, it shouldn't be necessary to do it again - as long as you do NOT use forthcoming stock-firmware-updates, without the expressed approval of boroda(aka porkupan)/rupor.

run "flash_reader.bat" from your PC with T2 connected in data-transfer mode.

Quote:
3)then there is this resizing partition, how can i use it?
Please check this link
it is again run "flash_reader.bat" from your PC with T2 connected in data-transfer mode.

Quote:
4)the same forthe dictionaries, the set up adb
I assume you have a European T2 with all dictionary except EN-RU / RU-EN.
So no need for that if you don't read in Russian.

If you are NOT in Android-hacking I think there is no need for adb too

Quote:
5) install app2sd, AMR?
if you do the automated repartitioning, there should be no need for APP2SD as you should be good with some 400 MB in /DATA (the location where APK's are installed)

AMR - Absolute Minimal Root does the actual rooting - is necessary - I think.

Quote:
and most important if the application I am looking for is not arch, can i buy from google market?
Please follow the thread over at the-ebook.org.
In principle it should be possible to setup and use market.
BUT some Apps might not be listed because of compatibility. So side-loading of APK's seems to be the preferred method of doing it.

Quote:
iS NOT LIKE LET S TRY, without info detailed I risk to brick my device...
You are absolutely right, so (please take that right) with your (limited) level of knowledge you should REALLY know what you are doing before starting, and you should be absolutely sure that you NEED this Apps on your e-reader.

One last thought regarding your first post in this topic:
It is not the way this community works, to force other to do your homeworks!

If it can be done in 5 minutes, then you should be able to figure it out at your own in tens the time - which would be less then a hour, too.
And then - share your findings with the community.
Post it, or start a WIKI page.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote