View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
atanner
atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.atanner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
For the few writers here that are not benefited by piracy and NEED DRM...

I've been going through a lot of threads about DRM, and many have really taken their time to say that they would rather risk their books being distributed illegally, than not be known at all. For all that are on that boat, you might be right given that genres you are coming from.

But there is another boat...

The boat of writers that do not write novels, short stories, cooking books, etc. but instead HIGHLY specialized books, very specific software implementations, tax code reviews, medical procedures, legal topics, construction, etc. These books are not meant for every Bob and Mary, they are meant for a very specific audience, and their success will never be measured in the thousands, but in the hundreds.

These writers do not benefit in ANY way from this "benevolent piracy" that is so warmly spoken of in some of the threads in this forum. Every pirated copy is truly a dagger on their side. For these writers, DRM is a must: NO QUESTIONS ASKED.

So having said that, I've been doing some research for writers in this situation and I came across this:

http://www.dnldrm.com/

It seems that this one really works, and it is not possible to go around it.

1) Has anybody had any experience with them?

2) If one MUST use DRM, which one would you recommend?

Thanks!
atanner is offline   Reply With Quote