Thread: tables or svg?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 12:03 PM   #12
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
To begin, I must say that I don't have an iPad myself. Next, I don't have an answer for the first question, but I would like to add a supplemental question: Do all the iPad readers (how many are there?) suffer from the inconsistencies imposed on the iBooks reader?

In answer to the second question, I think that the iPad's iBooks reader is such a non-conformant beast that we will be forced to have an iBooks edition as well as an epub edition if we want the respective customers to have a favourable experience. This is based entirely on what I have read on Liz Castro's blog, so it probably should not be considered definitive. The main points are that iBooks allows both audio and video, but in non-standard ways, and that embedded fonts are only possible through very messy workarounds. See her blog and her book for more details.

Those are my thoughts...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote