Thread: Epubcheck 3
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #18
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Interesting. So in lieu of all the "tell that to the distributors/publishers who are requiring epubcheck 3" pleas ... does anyone have any actual stats on who is actually requiring epubcheck 3-validated submissions?
I reached out today, and confirmed that they started using ePUBcheck3 on/around 12/10, so Kim is right about that, or Dillinquent, whomever, for Apple.

Quote:
Common baseline (spec-based)... then tweak for specific publisher/distributor requirements. Makes perfect sense to me.
Well, honestly, I've never found another way. As I said, using ePUBcheck 3 does not work for those distributors using lower versions, like Lulu, which are very popular here. Overdrive has internal checks (including putting books on devices)--but the distributor at InDigital is using 1.2, and OD is accepting books from them.

So...honestly, I think at this moment in time, we're talking all Apple. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kobo go to 3, because they are allowing multi-media ff ePUBs that are almost identical to iBooks' FF ePUBs (actually, are identical). But...can anyone else identify a distributor that is really using ePUBcheck3? I mean, an actual retailer?

Hell, maybe we're just backwards here in the U.S. ;-) Maybe EUR is all over ePUBcheck3, and we're all just toddling along with 1.1 and 1.2, LOL.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote