Thread: Starting over?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 07:51 PM   #8
Jack Tingle
Punctuation Fetishist
Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jack Tingle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Nexus 7 (2013), Galaxy S5 phone, Galaxy Tab 4 8.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyhome View Post
Okie, so I've got, um... about 550 titles on my Kindle. And another 100 or so not currently on the device. And another couple thousand mobi files available. The majority of the items on the device are in collections, which makes home screen easy, but there's another 12 pages of uncategorized titles.

Here's the problem: I don't want some of this stuff, some of it I want in collections, some of it I want just floating around, and I need a good way to add however many of the mobi files I want to a particular spot so they're easy enough to manage.
Anyone have any other suggestions? For as much as I love my Kindle, spending hours playing around with the little joystick isn't really my idea of fun.

TIA for any help!
If you decide to keep the massive quantity of data on your Kindle (and I recommend you follow others advice and only keep the ones you plan to read soon on it) remember that you can use subdirectories in the "documents" folder. Just hook the Kindle to your computer and organize away. The Kindle will ignore you efforts, and it won't affect how collections work, but it will allow you to more easily manage files using the PC.

It's not a perfect solution, but I find it helps. OTOH, I have under a hundred documents on my K3. Most of which I really need to trash.

Regards,
Jack Tingle
Jack Tingle is offline   Reply With Quote