View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_73 View Post
So I think Sony probably won't bring out a FW update for either the 300/600/900, but well, the readers work pretty good and they do what they advertise.
I'm sorry but i can't agree. Sony Readers do NOT what they advertise. At least not all of what they advertise. Have you ever tried to put about 13.000 books on your SD card and put that card into your Sony Reader ? Try it and you see what i mean. Then go and compare to Sonys ad.

Sonys german page said for the 600 it holds 13.000 on sd card. Unfortunately you can't access even one of them as it takes the software days to scan them all. I've checked this with Sony support and they told me not to use any sd card but copy all my books onto the device. I won't be able to read them all.

They also said in their ad you can read in direct sunlight with no problems. Seems to be they haven't tried this themself.

They have good devices but the FW could definitely be improved (e.g. noscan option for sd cards).
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote