Thread: Name that book?
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #2
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
I tried to search, but I can't find any thread that is a "Name-that-book" as in, I've read a book way back, can't remember title and/or author, but I do remember somewhat about what it was about. And maybe some nice MR member out there has read the same book. So, here goes

The book I am looking for is a fantasy-book. I seem to remember that it involved guarding a large wall. And when someone joined the military/guardforce for that wall, it was refered to as "Take the Black". Anyone know which book that could possibly be?
That's probably the 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series by George R R Martin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote