View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 AM   #401
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I'd like to add some more features to Marvin.

0. Please do not wait until version 1.2 to fix the paragraph spacing. Do so now and release a new version. As it is now, no ePub is readable using Marvin because of the paragraph spacing. That is one thing that is needed so I can start to use Marvin to actually read. I do not read with paragraph spaces as they take me out of the book every time I finish a paragraph.

1. Respect an indent of 0. Don't override that.

2. ToC (ncx) support.

3. I'd like to have the ePub's formatting used as an option. I do format my ePub the way I like it to look and if I could use that, that would be great.

4. Use more of the screen. When in full screen mode, get rid of the book's title at the top. Use that space for more text. There is room for at least one more line of text at the bottom of the screen when the progress bar is not showing. Also, the left/right margins are too large and will be even worse on an iPhone. Please go out to the edges.

5. Make all of the various options have an off switch that uses the ePub's default for each of the options. That would mean that if I prefer how the ePub is coded, I can have it like that for each of the options.

6. A true full screen mode where the text goes to all four edges of the screen.

7. Embedded fonts should be supported.

8. Show how many pages are left in the entire ePub instead of just 4 pages left in chapter.

9. The way the search works should (IMHO) be changed to search the entire ePub and not just the current chapter. Take a James Patterson book (for example), it can have over 100 chapters. The way search works, I'd have to hit the arrow to move on way too many times. Just have the search search forwards or backwards until it wither finds what's being searched for or ends up not finding it.

10. Savable options. Save the options so they can be recalled later. Be able to save multiple option sets.

All of these things would make Marvin even better. The options in bold are ones that need (IMHO) to be implemented now and not with 1.2 or later.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-03-2013 at 11:56 AM.