View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 08:46 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnryman View Post
I'm having a little problem with getting my .docx files into Calibre. I'll give you the backstory to explain what I'm trying to do.

I have my ebook files in mobi & epub inside of Calibre. I needed them in .docx also, so I converted to RTF inside of Calibre, then exported the RTF's and used LibreOffice to convert the rtf's to .docx.

What I want to do now is to import those .docx files into calibre in such a way that they will automerge with their epub/mobi/rtf counterpart. That's where I'm running into a problem! I can't seem to get the program to automerge.

Here's what I've tried so far: I've used the Adding books Preferences to check Automerge. I've also downloaded the "Find Duplicates" plugin and tried to configure it, but still with no success.

Anyone have any ideas on how to make this work???

I know I could manually merge each book, but I have a large library and that would be very time consuming.
AFAIK you can only do it the hard way.
Open the metadata editor on the book and drop the unsupported format there.
I believe getting them back out is almost as painful.
In the main Library, select the book: Tap O and carefully copy. Disturb NOTHING in that folder upon pain of repair
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote