View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #15
harriska2
Addict
harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.harriska2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
Now I just need a better paper cutter....
I got a slightly used come 9770 19" guillotine stack paper cutter. $399 on ebay. I used the new blade it came with, had it sharpened 2 times, and purchased another blade for $140. We have just figured out that you can self sharpen the blade with a whetstone. Takes a couple minutes to take off the blade and you sharpen as best as you can (about 4 minutes). We sharpen one side then the other side we break the edge slightly. This method saves a ton of money and time (shipping or driving to a specialty place and $18 per sharpening). Plus when they sharpen they take a *bunch* of blade off. I've cut about 400 books and am pretty much done with my library. This cut so well I was able to reglue several of the books back together.
harriska2 is offline   Reply With Quote