View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #17
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I... Google's stuff seems to be free.
Google offers a lot of freebies. But the reality is that its not free. What it costs is you. Your privacy, your information, your likes and dislikes, your interests and hobbies, what you think, where you go and so on and so on ad nauseam. There is NO way I am giving over my entire OS/apps/purchasing/activity behaviours to one entity... and especially not if I cant even store my own stuff on my own computer. Not for me, this latest invasion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogle View Post
If something on the internet is free, you are probably the product...
Yes. For example, facebook: Free.. ya think? I run Abine's Do not track and it blocks facebook from following you on thousands of sites (Facebook is one of several companies that secretly tracks you at millions of websites. You blocked Facebook from tracking you 13282 times on other sites. ). Google +...same thing (Google is one of several companies that secretly tracks you at millions of websites.You blocked Google from tracking you 3624 times on other sites. ). You think all those cute little "like" and "+1" buttons are handy? They are.. but they aren't actually for you. These companies may not charge but they are making money hand over fist on YOUR information, your "stuff".

Last edited by kyteflyer; 12-14-2012 at 09:30 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote