View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 01:26 AM   #86
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
We've had that here for the past several afternoons, as my building works on the plumbing.
With this new house, from the flotsam and jetsam of the infants of passing tenants, I have developed a predilection for the naming and placing of the discarded and once-lost toys. Thus, there is Spidey, and Miow-miow, and Lady G-G, and Ronald, and then there's Pog...the Amazing Pog...oh, the stories Pog The Incontinent Adventurer can tell!

Anyway, Pog is a cute, yellow, squeeze-toy hedgehog, about the size of a cricket ball. I initially found him near the water meter out in the front garden, and so naturally found him a hidey-hole from the ravages of a hedgehog-intolerant society within the meter box. Well, Pog liked his little hollow for some time, until the other day I found him 20 metres down the hill on the road. I suspect that if Pog wouldn't come to the Mountain of Intolerance, then the Mountain of Intolerance came to him in the form of the Meter Man. I don't know how it went down, but I suspect The Man's easy, autopilot meter-checking was suddenly kicked into shock upon lifting the cover, and expressed itself in "WHAT THE #$%^ IS THAT? AGGH, ^&*!ING KIDS!" and a forehand scoop (or backhand, if lefthanded) down into potential obliteration upon the road, crushed, like just another one of us oppressed species.

...but he has been saved, and sits now in a little hollow at the base of a clump of bamboo palms by the pool, eye to the pool-bar, the water and mostly the sky, dreaming of a world without hedgehog- and gibbon-oppression.

Incidentally, the water is back on, and I'm on a second go through The Whole Story, currently listening to Hounds of Love.

Cheers,
Marc (Gibbons Unite!)
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote