View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #13
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil_liS View Post
I don't think that is correct (emphasis mine):

Any retailer has to also consider that the following 11 months after a discount they have to accumulate a higher commission.

We're not seeing large discounts now when there is only one 12-month period possible. December 2012 starts one period then January starts the second. Retailers may be waiting to see how sales develop for several months to see how much more they can discount. Or they may do special time limited sales. Daily Deals, weekly highlights, movie-tie ins, etc.

In any case. Amazon isn't, as far as I can see, discounting up to their full 30% commission. Maybe they are content matching other retailers. They must have good reasons for their strategy.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote