View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepancake View Post
Some say DO tick the 'share' others are DO NOT. Surely both cannot be right - there must be something else going on within the conversion process or the original file?
I have 'enable sharing' off in my MOBI output setting. So I say leave it unchecked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepancake View Post
Someone else also suggested stripping all the meta data from the original and replacing it - that seems like a massive jump, but will consider it when I know more about how to do that.

In the meantime any other thoughts would be welcome, and thanks for your help to date.
Delete the book from your Kindle and your Calibre library. Drag and drop the book into Calibre again. Right click on the ebook and choose 'edit metadata', then click 'download metadata'. After Calibre downloads the metadata for that specific book, convert the book again to MOBI. After it finishes converting, connect your Kindle, right click and send to device. Do you still get the Personal banner?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote