View Single Post
Old 01-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
vaniaspeedy
Connoisseur
vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.vaniaspeedy knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4 Touch
Folder and Book Hider

Kindles are awesome. A lot of people want to use mine, but sometimes I have various personal documents on it. I decided to make an option for people to have profiles, say for work and home, or for family members.

This is what I came up with:
A toggle that integrates with YiFanLu's GUI launcher. It creates a Menu called "Profiles", with four options. Hide and show profile1, and hide and show profile2.
There is a config file in the directory of each profile, in which you just need to add the names of the directories you wish to toggle

Read the README for more info, or take a look in the code. It's heavily commented.

---- POSSIBLE USE CASES ----
- Hiding books from kids
- Avoiding having to find your spot again in a book. If they can't see it, they can't mess it up
- Simplicity - only show a subset of your books at a time

---Instructions---
Download the FolderToggle.zip, and read the README.
Optional - if you are having problems, download the debugger and copy the contents into the hide.sh script, making sure to have a backup of the original. This creates a hide_profile_1_debug file with various diagnostic info.
Attached Files
File Type: zip FolderToggle v1.6.zip (5.9 KB, 593 views)
File Type: txt debugger_2.sh.txt (2.1 KB, 440 views)

Last edited by vaniaspeedy; 07-09-2012 at 06:47 PM. Reason: updated script
vaniaspeedy is offline   Reply With Quote