View Single Post
Old 06-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #10
country0129
Country0129
country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.country0129 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, PC
You folks have alleviated my suspicions of something amiss with the problems I cited. However, I did surface what I think is a glitch with the new upgrade: I "X'd" out of the program after trying to convert one of those pesky *.pdf books, crunched it for about 45 minutes, and I gave it up for a lost cause.

I abandoned anything I was doing with Calibre and started doing something else simple, like checking email or something, I forget. I noticed that the 'puter was a little sluggish; so I opened the task manager to peruse open applications. Nothing amiss. However, when I opened the process manager, I found two Calibre applications still running though I'd closed the program. Each of them was still trying to render the *.pdf I'd been working earlier. Wish I'd have jotted down the name of the process, but I do remember it was something like, "pdfconvhlpr" but don't quote me about that. Just it was weird that Calibre still had a process going after the progam had been "closed."
country0129 is offline   Reply With Quote