View Single Post
Old 11-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #49
belden
Enthusiast
belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.belden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2 (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcging View Post
Are you doing the Sigil open/close as well as the Calibre epub/epub convert on the documents in your Calibre library and then moving them to the NC or are you doing the above directly on the epubs housed on the NC?
I have been doing all of this BEFORE sending anything to the Nook. I open the epub in Sigil and then save it again. I then open the metadata window in Calibre and select the cover art and then run the conversion process of epub to epub. Finally I send the files to the Nook. I've tried editing the files on the Nook itself but this didn't always update the cover art.

Just opening and saving the file with Sigil normally ensures that the cover art will show up correctly, but doing both of these steps is the only thing I have tried that has worked every single time. One additional benefit (although with 5 GB on the Nook Color and an 8 GB SD card it doesn't much matter) is that saving the file in Sigil occasionally shrinks the file size of the original epub.
belden is offline   Reply With Quote