View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
jhoff80
Enthusiast
jhoff80 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowGozit View Post
I'm using Freda as an ePub reader on my Win 8 tablet (Lenovo Twist) - and so far I am not really thrilled with it. Seems to work OK.. but... The long (16:9) screen doesn't really work in portrait mode - nor am I enthralled with the display of pages or fonts.

Kobo is supposed to read ePub3 - but lots of luck getting it to read sideloaded books.. I haven't figured out how yet. Microsoft aren't too keen on you digging into the Windows apps folder and have locked it down pretty hard.
The font rendering is horrible on Freda. I'm using Book Bazaar Reader at the moment, and I greatly prefer that, though it's not perfect either.

Anyway, you should be able to pretty easily get into the WindowsApps folder (found at C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\) if you change the permissions on it. Of course, make sure you have a backup first, because you can screw things up pretty majorly that way.

Anyway, that's just the program executable. For their data folders you want %localappdata%\Packages\. That is, for example, where the Nook app (which is also really buggy, in my experience) stores its epub files.
jhoff80 is offline   Reply With Quote