View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempel24 View Post
I'm about half-way into book 12 of The Wheel of Time: The Gathering Storm.

I've got to say that I think Brandon Sanderson has completely breathed new life into the series.

The scenes that I've never really been interested in...White Tower politics for instance, have completely captivated me. There is just so much more life and vigor written into the characters.

Now I know that Robert Jordan had written a ton of it already, but it just seems that I can tell when he wrote parts, and when Sanderson wrote parts.

Makes me think about how the first few books captivated me.

I did enjoy the entire series, books 5 and 6 lulled for me quite a bit, but these are really getting the ball rolling!
Had the same experience. In summer 2009 I reread the whole series, preparing for Sanderson's new book in the series. I'd never made it through book 10 before, despite starting it many times. I forgot how good book 1 is, and why I was hooked in the first place. First 4 or so are solid, then it wanes a bit, and hits rock bottom with book 10. Sanderson has done a great job, I think, and Towers of Midnight was my favorite since the first book.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote