View Single Post
Old 07-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #13
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
... after his harrowing escape from the voluptuous vixens, or was it vindictive, vivacious, errr maybe vicious, or was it viscous
Dave, you are going to confuse any of our visitors who haven't been following HIGH NOON !

Yes, I am still in shape to sign. Still going strong, in fact, although the actual dedication writing and signing takes the longest portion of time, by far. Many times, if all I know about the recipient is a first name and address, I have a semi-default dedication or two that I revert to (standard writer's trick)... but I still hand-write each and every one.

Now why would I do that, if several strangers in a row get the same words? Because it matters to me that each of them know I have taken the time for them, personally. Because someday, they might meet me, and ask for their scrap of paper. Because, well, because it's fun.

But you know what is more fun? When I receive a note along with the request, that tells me something about that individual... and I can stretch out and write something unique, that is just for that one single reader. That is a connection, and each one who takes the time to interact with me is appreciated... like the person who said eBooks had sparked a renewed love of reading... or the person who said my story was her first Smashwords download... or the woman who became fan number 50 on my Facebook page a few days ago, before anyone but the moderators knew what we were planning. Those are special.

Guess what, Dave? I just saw your request arrive in my inbox, and read what you wrote. I still have several to go before I sign yours... but you get a special dedication.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote