View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:21 PM   #43
captkjaneway
Cockney Sci-Fi Geek!
captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.captkjaneway ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Tab S 8.4", Samsung S6 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I happen to like the Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series by Tess Gerritsen.
Shame the TV series is so bad really.

Such a large genre, with so many off shoots - can we even contemplate comparing Christie to McDermid?

Personally, I keep returning to writers such as Reginald Hill for Daziel and Pascoe, John Harvey and his Resnick books, Peter Robinson and his Alan Banks series and Val McDermid for the Hill and Jordan series. I also dip into the odd Barbara Vine, P D James and R D Wingfield.

I guess due to being able to relate to UK-based narrative and locale, I find these have more depth for me than US writers and generally find the characters are fleshed out more.

A single book to pick.........probably The Mermaids Singing by Val McDermid, has everything I enjoy.
captkjaneway is offline   Reply With Quote