View Single Post
Old 07-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
pazed
pazed began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, android smartphone
g'day from Oz - see i get the pattern! ;)

Hello, what an interesting forum.
Came across it yesterday after i tried to download Mobipocket Reader to my new laptop.
Ha you say, how out-of-date can someone be? Only I've always just moved it from the old 'puter till now. So after installing Kindle for PC, just for fun I googled Mobipocket Abandonware and found MobileRead through someone's comments. Had a couple hours entertainment skimming through a few forums.
So wish I'd found it fifteen years ago - yes got my first reader (PalmZire71) late nineties, still mourn some of its functionality - Had trouble even finding a shop that knew what a reader was, in Australia's National capital. I'm much more temperature-comfortable now in far North Queensland.
The Palm forum was all I could find for a while, but now five devices later I'm almost totally converted to reading on screens and actually don't need help any more.
Best discovery - e-ink reader so I can read in sunlight as a car passenger or just sitting in a park.
i read a lot of SF and Fantasy and last few years a lot of fanfiction. Using an Android smartphone (HTC) - and I like FBReader - and the Kobo e-ink reader (slow but was affordable at the time) - now they've come down so much just like every exciting new thing.
I'm sort of retired (in my sixties) and do a lot of volunteer work - mainly Meals on Wheels. Two adult off-spring and one great husband.
So there I am in a somewhat oversized nutshell, delighted to be here and looking forward to some interesting interaction.
Cheers...p
pazed is offline   Reply With Quote