View Single Post
Old 01-31-2013, 03:23 AM   #21
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearstardiode View Post
I know that an extra <br/> tag could mess things up, but why should I be concerned about an extra &nbsp; tag? Is it just that the spacing would be off? And wouldn't I notice that in Book View or a previewer anyway?
Everyone has different standards for how clean their ebook is. Its up to you if you just want to visually look at your book - and if it looks reasonable enough its done - or if you want to dive into the code and make sure every tag is exactly what and where you want it to be. As for what should or shouldn't be in an EPUB, that's probably better in the EPUB forum.

But as far as &nbsp; goes, it just adds extra space that you may or may not notice in Book View. It gets mentioned because Book View will create them for you when it thinks you wanted one (e.g. if you type two spaces in a row) - and the easiest way to find and replace them is in Code View.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote