Thread: Request Location app?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by asnider123 View Post
I beg to differ, jamina, but the PE (at least mine) DOES appear to have a GPS chip inside, though not activated by default. It didn't rear it's head until last nite when I performed the 2.2 and allmine and gapps updates from this site, but now when I run Google Maps, it is tracking me, and pretty accurately too LOL

So my unit either has a GPS, or it is possessed. I am happy either way

Alan
Sorry, no GPS chip in any of the eDGes.

What you are seeing the results of Google slurping information about WiFi units that are within range of any GPS equipped phone and so getting very good location information as to where the WiFi unit is. In fact they have our public WiFi unit pinpointed to within 3 metres and our private encrypted one to within 10 metres.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote