View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
GTKSudoku Application Release

I've ported a Sudoku application for the DR1000.

This is definitely a cool application if you do Sudoku. You can generate new puzzles, or use some that have already been created. It has buttons to check if you have any errors, and also to solve the puzzle for you.

I can create regular 9x9 puzzles, and also the crazy large 16x16. It does take a little while to generate the 16x16 board and puzzle, so have patience the first time you select that.

To install: Unzip Sudoku.zip to the root of your SD card. For example, if your SD card shows up as the E:\ drive on your computer, you should have an E:\Programs folder after you unzip it.

After installing, you'll be able to select the Sudoku icon from the Documents/Programs folder on your device. From there you can press new for a new puzzle, or open to open an existing.

Note: the keyboard is off in the screenshot because it's running in the emulator. On the DR, the full keyboard is visible.

I did modify the sources a bit from the original program, so I've attached those as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sudoku1.png
Views:	5499
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	17651   Click image for larger version

Name:	sudoku2.png
Views:	978
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	17652  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sudoku.zip (71.3 KB, 807 views)
File Type: gz gtk-sudoku-sources-0.7.2.tar.gz (491.0 KB, 581 views)
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote