View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 11:58 AM   #19
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solicitous View Post
I had never heard of them until this thread and when I took a look at their site to check out some ebooks I was astounded by the price they are charging for ebooks, especially as they are the same as paperbacks.
One problem with publisher's web sites is that they charge list price. Retailers, like the Sony Store or Amazon, typically pay 50% of the list price to the publisher - so they have significant room to discount. Amazon even looses money (charges less then 50% list price) on bestsellers.

I don't have a problem with ebooks being priced the same as paperback books, but I agree that even paperback books can be pricey these days.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote