View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 11:58 AM   #110
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If we stipulate that you deserve all bragging rights to the code,
would you waste as many words as you used in the above post in constructive documentation for other people?
I did add constructive documentation (external) in a "theory of operation" section in the first post of various of my demos. I only put comments in code where needed to avoid confusion, such as what the two-letter vars mean, and what logical expressions do.

Embedded comments tend to become obsolete as code evolves, and can then be misleading (worse than no comments). Especially after multiple people have had their hands in the code. Even so, my COMMERCIAL code is loaded with more comments than actual code, in many cases. I hate that, even though the clients love it...

EDIT: Because I do stuff here FOR FUN, I prefer to do it the "more concise code, less bloated comments" way, and keep the "theory of operation" as an external document.

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-16-2012 at 12:12 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote