View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #36
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommonReader View Post
- No, it isn't even remotely as flexible and capable as a laptop. I cannot understand how people can claim this for the iPad.
With the iPad you have to get all applications through Apple's app store and Apple may refuse apps as they consider fit. This is like having to get all software from a proprietary Microsoft store with MS reserving the right to approve or reject any software as they see fit.
You also cannot simply add/swap data via USB or an SD card. Everything has to go through Apple's proprietary interface. I personally wouldn't even consider buying a device that cannot exchange data by copying it from one drive to the other. Obviously Apple can't allow an SD card slot because how would they manage to milk their customers for additional memory if these customers could simply expens it with a 40 EUR fast 32 GB SD card?

- Yes, you may surf wherever you like but you can't use Flash or any other format that Steve may decide to ban because of some vendetta in the future.
Funny, my friend has no trouble with using SDHC cards and USB memory sticks... simply add interface to card or USB connector... and as for Flash, well I've got an Android tablet and a smartphone and try to disable Flash or use a mobile site version whenever possible as the Flash content is usually someone being clever at the expense of wasting my time...

Last edited by elcreative; 08-07-2011 at 08:57 PM.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote