View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 08:29 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by vladacr View Post
Well, I moved the zip to the root of D: and started the installation. It worked, no error message, I was even offered to choose the menu items. Everything seemed fine. Restarted Calibre, but there is no "search the internet" item in none of the menus. When I go to plugins, find the plugin and click on "customize", then there goes the erroe again
Where did you tell it to place the menu? It might be on the top row off of the screen. You might have to click the little arrow to the right to see the icons not displayed.

Also your path for the configuration directory has the same accents that seemed to get in the way of the initial plugin install. Try copying your calibre configuration to a cleaner path. You can use this batch file to start calibre and point to the new configuration location. Change path locations as required. Everything after REM are comments and don't actually run. Save as calibrerun.bat

Code:
REM Specify the location of the Calibre Config files
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SET CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY=C:\My Dropbox\CalibreConfig

REM Specify location of calibre program files
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

C:
CD \Program Files\Calibre2

REM Display settings that will be used
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

echo CONFIG=%CALIBRE_CONFIG_DIRECTORY%

REM  The following gives a chance to check the settings before
REM  starting Calibre.  It can be commented out if not wanted.

echo "Press CTRL-C if you do not want to continue"
pause

REM Start up the calibre program.
REM ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
REM 
REM Normal - Start calibre.exe
REM Debug w/log file - calibre-debug -g 1> log.txt 2>&1

Start calibre.exe
Good Luck.

Edit: This is what happens when I help the wife with some chores. Kiwidude jumps in with the same work around.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 03-26-2011 at 08:34 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote