View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WordCountess View Post
Or what is the best recommendation for one to be used by the whole family?
As people have pointed out, they all break.

My eInk Kindle Keyboard survived going through the wash except for screen damage. Unlike (based on what I read here) the Fire, the Kindle Keyboard seems to survive being dropped, but it won't survive an elbow to the screen. Price on eBay for good condition used is around US$50. Price decline per year is about 50 percent. Wait until it is low enough so breakage won't bother you.

Won't one for the whole family provoke jealousy? What about one per person when they hit $15? Personally, I'd much rather children be upset about not keeping up with the Joneses than to see sibling rivalry flare-ups.
SteveEisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote