View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 06:45 AM   #358
BoldlyDubious
what if...?
BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BoldlyDubious ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: paper & electrophoretic
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
It's all getting rather Rube Goldberg-ian, don't you think?
No, I don't think so. After all, I am trying (in an admittedly very amateurish way, and thanks to the invaluable help of the other people in this thread) to define a comprehensive copyright control policy valid for all types of media. The complexity of the result still seems reasonably low to me compared to that of the problem...
However, you got me thinking about how the definition of "illegal distribution" can be simplified and made more clear, and I came up with this simpler, "operative" definition:
(*) A media publisher can ask that fines are issued for illegal distribution of file X if a police officer is able -following the instructions of the publisher- to get a copy of the file without contacting anyone that the officer personally knows.
I have also updated my previous post introducing the new definition.

By the way: this new definition completely bypasses the issue of defining sharing means that are forbidden. Everything is permitted, provided that the media buyer uses it sensibly. Dropbox shared folders are now OK :-)

Last edited by BoldlyDubious; 11-16-2012 at 10:44 AM. Reason: added new definition
BoldlyDubious is offline   Reply With Quote