View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #138
QuantumIguana
Philosopher
QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.QuantumIguana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by foghat View Post
Granted, I don't know what OP's true intentions were in following the guy home after meeting him in a bar. So I assume the obvious.

Passing up on what was likely a one night deal - after finding the guy interesting/charming/good looking/whatever enough to follow home in the first place - because he does not read and then to lie (and what a lie to tell) in order to leave, instead of simply saying, 'I don't think this is going to work out', is not obsessing?

Please provide your definition of obsessing.
If you're making the claim for obsession, then please provide your definition of obsession. I see no indication of obsession. But if I am going home with someone I just met in a bar, it's probably not in my mind that this could be a beginning of a relationship, thus books wouldn't matter. Wouldn't matter to me, that is. My criteria for a one-night stand do not include being a reader. I don't know what the OP had in mind. I don't know that the OP had in mind a one-night stand, some people do go home with someone they met in a bar thinking that a relationship might arise. Doesn't see the best way to start a relationship, but that's none of my business. It is not for me to judge what value someone else must put on reading. People might make an excuse to leave for any number of reasons: dirty clothes all over the place, Pokemon posters all over the walls, pizza boxes strewn about the place, etc. If someone values reading more than I do, that is no indication of obsession.On the other hand, paying too much interest in other people's relationships, now that can be obsessive.
QuantumIguana is offline   Reply With Quote