View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 AM   #14
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I read up to 1634: The Galileo Affair. That book really cooled my interest in the series, which is a shame as I enjoyed the first few books.
Yeah my son just discovered this series thanks to some old books of mine. His experience parallels yours almost exactly.

I think too many people see the dollar signs of a successful series and start to think that if an idea might make a successful 2 or 3 volume story arc, it might make an even more successful 12 or 20 volume story arc.

Authors and publishers need to ask themselves where "Wheel of Time" started to get crappy, and just how long before "Game of Thrones" becomes a chore to read? (not long, I'm thinking)
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote