View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 10:14 PM   #72
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Which is rather strange. Amazon Instant Video, and the Hulu Website (not Hulu plus) work fine on my Touchpad running ICS 4.0.4. --- and they did on 4.0.3. I still use a lot of websites with flash and I am not having any problems with flash videos at all. So unless there is a way to get Flash running on 4.1 I would rather not upgrade and not get a device with the new version.

Perhaps Flash games won't work, I never tried those, but video runs great. Even when using a VPN service.
I'm glad you're not having any issues with Amazon instant videos on your Touchpad with 4.0.3/4.0.4. I wish it still worked for me because that's one of the main reasons I purchased my 10.1" tablet.

I don't have any problem with Flash on websites, but the Amazon videos certainly don't work properly with Android 4.0.3 on my Acer A500. The sound and video are choppy and out of sync. It worked perfectly with Android 3.2.1. They still play fine on my 7" Acer A100, which I purposely haven't upgraded from 3.2. Both tablets are running the same version of Flash; only the Android version is different.

On Adobe's bug report page for the Amazon instant video problem it is stated:

Quote:
With ICS, we use Android frameworks' OpenMAX AL for hardware decoding of H264 videos.

Per Android documentation, they only guarantee support for Baseline profile encoded videos - http://developer.android.com/guide/a...a-formats.html

Amazon videos are Main or High profile videos and hence get software decoded which is why they are choppy.
I've read that it's been a problem with tablets from several manufacturers since ICS came out in January. Adobe has now closed the bug report with no resolution to the problem. I was excited when they released an Android Flash update in early June, but there was no fix included.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote