View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 03:53 AM   #14
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
Quote:
Originally Posted by lornfate View Post
Hi everyone,

I enjoyed reading your nice conversations here. But I am still newbie to this community and is unable to grasp everything out.

What is the purpose of karma?
Heya. I am kinda new here too. Here on MR, "karma" [or reputation or charm or any of a zillion other things on other forums online I believe] is at the core, simply a way for forum members to express their appreciation for the posts of others.

Perhaps someone posts a solution to a problem you are having. Give them karma!

Maybe someone posts something that brightens your day and makes you laugh. Give them karma.

Or, as is often in my case, I give karma when people here on MR posts something so funny or outrageous that I end up spitting coffee or water on my laptop screen.

<note to self: get more wetnap wipes from the store>

Pretty much it as far as I can tell here on MR. I mean, its not like you can trade in karma points for a Nook Color or a top-of-the-line Sony Reader or tablet.

....right?
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote