View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
When you look into SYSD (system.c) you'll see that DR1000 does various things before turning off. Most importantly, it unmounts the volume (/media/mmcblk0p1). This triggers running applications to commit changes and close their files. Doing this before calling shutdown will probably make it safer.
Yeah, that's what I suspected. I figured there were probably additional things done other than init stopping running processes before the device is safely shutdown. I would assume that the current script I have is killing the applications first, and then unmounting the volume.

I'll look into SYSD some more. This was just such a tempting shortcut though, that I couldn't resist trying it to see what would happen. Oh well.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote