View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman69 View Post
No, I copy the files onto the SD card using a card reader built into my ThinkPad and then insert the card into the reader. I find that a LOT easier to do than to hook the reader to the computer and then use the Sony software. I did not think that it made any difference.

Harvey
When you move eBooks onto the reader or memory card without using eBook library, you put them on unpaginated. So what happens then is the reader has to spend the time to actually paginate. It's possible that with a large enough book you may possibly not have enough memory left to do this. Dunno really. Also, you do use up more battery while the reader paginates.

Now if you insert the SD card into the reader and use eBook library to transfer to the SD card via the reader, you get the eBook prepaginated and on my 505, it works perfectly when I change sizes. I also am using just the internal memory as I find that's plenty of space to hold enough for me to read while the reader is away from the computer.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote